[PKG-Openstack-devel] Status?

Ondrej Novy novy at ondrej.org
Mon Jul 10 14:33:22 UTC 2017

> Keep an eye on upgrade from one stable to another stable debian release.
> currently (and probably in the future too), openstack only supports
> incremental upgrade from one

for example Swift supports upgrades even if version diff is > 1.

I do not have a solution for this problem but I think it's worth thinking
> about.

ack.

> I see two possible ways to solve
> - accept, (and document) that openstack upgrades are not possible in debian

this is not good solution :).

> - have the intermediat openstack releases as sort of unsupported, use for
> upgrade only, packages available (eg. as snapshots ?) (but this means you
> need all branches)

this is too much work and not straight forward for users. Why I should add
unofficial repositories of OS just for upgrade?

If it's possible with other Debian packages, we should found solution for
OS too. I think it's possible to upgrade OS if version diff is > 1. It only
needs to be tested, checked and fixed sometimes. Same "problem" is in
Ubuntu when you are upgrading between LTS versions. How Ubuntu solves this?

--
Best regards
 Ondřej Nový

Email: novy at ondrej.org
PGP: 3D98 3C52 EB85 980C 46A5  6090 3573 1255 9D1E 064B