[Parl-user] Use of mailinglists by Commission / merits of Debian

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Mon May 12 10:25:25 UTC 2014

Hi Jaap,

Quoting Jacques.Verraes at ec.europa.eu (2014-04-09 12:15:07)
> I have been in contact with the Commission IT helpdesk to get advice
> on how to use this mailing list.
>
> I received the Commission policy document on internal use of email and
> have been asked to come back to them with a summing up of merits of
> Open Source (which would lead us to DebianParl). With thanks to the
> courtesy of EFSUG, I located the document at
> http://epfsug.eu/wws/arc/epfsug/2014-04/msg00010/CommissionPolicyOnTheInternalUseOfEmail.pdf.
> I think this link is what is called a “plain web URL to the public
> canonical location of the document”.
>
> Can you please send me something that I can forward to my helpdesk
> regarding the merits of DebianParl?
>
> Furthermore, and finally: would it be possible for you to comment on
> what it would entail to make a 'DebianComm' for us who work in the
> Commission?

Sorry for not getting back to you.  Your request, and the interest from
the Commission that it hints at, is quite exciting.  I am just a quite
lousy sales person, and what you ask of me feels quite much like giving
a sales pitch (even if no money is involved).

Not your fault, just me reacting oddly :-(

I will be in Brussels this week, and would be quite happy to meet with
you in person and talk about the possibilities of exploring DebianParl
or other uses of FLOSS (Free/Libre Open Source Software) at the European
Commission.

Here's my schedule: http://data.jones.dk/2014/bruxelles-05/

How about having lunch together tomorrow Tuesday?  Or dinner Tuesday or
Wednesday?  Just tell me a time and a place.

I have my phone with me (number is in my email footer) in case you need
to change plans late.

Hope to see you,

 - Jonas