[parted-devel] policy regarding unused functions?

David Cantrell dcantrell at redhat.com
Thu Feb 15 17:14:17 CET 2007

On Thu, 2007-02-15 at 13:55 -0200, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> Jim Meyering <jim at meyering.net> writes:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm preparing a patch that makes the build warning free,
> > and found some unused functions in libparted/labels/fdasd.c.
> > Here they are:
> >
> > 	(fdasd_partition_type):
> > 	(fdasd_write_vtoc_labels):
> > 	(fdasd_change_volser):
> > 	(fdasd_check_volser):
> > 	(fdasd_reread_partition_table):
>
> On this specific case I think that would be better to leave fdasd out
> of your patch. We have a fix on Debian package that needs to be ported
> (from 1.7 release) and then dasd could be cleaned up.

Jim,

If they aren't used, we can remove them.  That code was originally
written in house at RH and has been carried forward for _years_.  I have
not had the time nor patience to sit down and clean up zSeries code.  :)

> David, have you had time to check the edge parted on hercules?

Unfortunately no, but I still have it on my agenda.  Honestly, making
parted work with hercules is low on my priority list.  I will try to get
around to it soon.

--
David Cantrell <dcantrell at redhat.com>
Red Hat / Westford, MA