[parted-devel] policy regarding unused functions?

Otavio Salvador otavio at debian.org
Thu Feb 15 17:24:24 CET 2007

David Cantrell <dcantrell at redhat.com> writes:

> On Thu, 2007-02-15 at 13:55 -0200, Otavio Salvador wrote:
>> Jim Meyering <jim at meyering.net> writes:
>>
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > I'm preparing a patch that makes the build warning free,
>> > and found some unused functions in libparted/labels/fdasd.c.
>> > Here they are:
>> >
>> > 	(fdasd_partition_type):
>> > 	(fdasd_write_vtoc_labels):
>> > 	(fdasd_change_volser):
>> > 	(fdasd_check_volser):
>> > 	(fdasd_reread_partition_table):
>>
>> On this specific case I think that would be better to leave fdasd out
>> of your patch. We have a fix on Debian package that needs to be ported
>> (from 1.7 release) and then dasd could be cleaned up.
>
> Jim,
>
> If they aren't used, we can remove them.  That code was originally
> written in house at RH and has been carried forward for _years_.  I have
> not had the time nor patience to sit down and clean up zSeries code.  :)

I don't know if isn't better to wait until those fix are ported to it
before clean it up.

>> David, have you had time to check the edge parted on hercules?
>
> Unfortunately no, but I still have it on my agenda.  Honestly, making
> parted work with hercules is low on my priority list.  I will try to get
> around to it soon.

Right. No problem.

I just think that is better to let it there until it's fixed to run on
hercules too since is the utility used by most of people (Debian
Installer team, included) to test s390.

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 GNU/Linux User: 239058     GPG ID: 49A5F855