[parted-devel] porting to FreeBSD

Otavio Salvador otavio at debian.org
Fri Feb 23 19:56:49 CET 2007

"Siavosh Benabbas" <sbenabas at gmail.com> writes:

>> For merging would be good if you could start a git repository and
>> commit the patchset there. So we just need to merge it.
>>
> How could I do this? Could you give some pointers? Thanks.

That's the easy part.

Basically, you just need to clone our git repository, do your changes
and make it available to us to merge from.

You'll need to install the git tool and use:

git clone http://git.debian.org/git/parted/parted.git parted-freebsd

It'll create a full clone of our lastest tree.

Work on that and do the need commits. When ready, put it somewhere and
point it to us.

A more detailed reference is available on:

http://wiki.freedesktop.org/wiki/UsingGit

I also suggest you to look at stgit, since you'll be working in a
patchset. Basically, to use it, you would:

do:

git clone ...
stg init
stg new firstpatch
HACK
stg refresh
HACK
stg refresh
stg new secondpatch
HACK
stg refresh
git fetch
stg pull . remotes/origin

So you'll leave the stg to handle the rebasing and like. It's easier
and also easy to you to follow our tree. Later you can put the tree
available to us to grab from it or even use stg to send the patchset
as a mailset to us.

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 GNU/Linux User: 239058     GPG ID: 49A5F855