[Piuparts-devel] RFC: preview/distros.conf

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Sat Feb 23 10:11:46 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Donnerstag, 21. Februar 2013, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
> Andreas Beckmann (10):
>       t/distroconf/conffile
>       lib/conf: add class DistroConfig
>       p-m: use DistroConfig
>       p-s: use DistroConfig
>       p-r: use DistroConfig
>       lib/conf: Config: drop get_sources_url()/get_packages_url()
>       p: use DistroConfig
>       distros.conf: add target-release
>       lib/conf: DistroConfig: add support for target-release
>       p: call 'apt-get -t <target-release>' if needed
>
> Moving distro configuration to a separate config file, to allow really
> complex scenarios like
>
>   lenny -> squeeze -> squeeze-backports -> wheezy-proposed-updates -> sid
> -> experimental
>
> that need multiple different mirrors :-)

yay! the patches look good, I'd merge them ;)

> Needs more documentation, changelog enries, closed bugs, ...
> and config updates.

ack.

one question/remark:

+# It's also possible to have "virtual" entries to provide aliases
+# e.g. to combine several partial distributions
+[squeeze-current]
+uri = None
+depends = squeeze/updates squeeze-updates

thats nice and fancy, but I would this actually to be the default. I'm not
really interested in testing squeeze alone, I always want to test (eg)
squeeze+security.