[Piuparts-devel] RFC: preview/distros.conf

Andreas Beckmann anbe at debian.org
Sun Feb 24 00:32:48 UTC 2013

On 2013-02-23 11:11, Holger Levsen wrote:
> +[squeeze-current]
> +uri = None
> +depends = squeeze/updates squeeze-updates
>
> thats nice and fancy, but I would this actually to be the default. I'm not
> really interested in testing squeeze alone, I always want to test (eg)
> squeeze+security.

For running standalone piuparts this is probably a sensible setup
because we run the tests on a user supplied list of packages and don't
really care about the distribution in the background.

For master/slave setups we enumerate all packages in a distro by parsing
packages files. Merging them is not really working well. I actually
tried this at the very beginning: have sid main+contrib+non-free all in
one "distro". And there I didn't even have have different versions of
the same package ... anyway this was causing a lot of problems, so I
started doing it the "depends_sections" way (and have a whole bunch more
sections).

And for archive wide tests we are probably interested in the results for
each partial distribution and the upgrade paths between them ...