[Piuparts-devel] broken-symlinks, next step

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Sat Jul 13 12:18:49 UTC 2013

Hi Dave,

On Sonntag, 7. Juli 2013, Dave Steele wrote:
> I'd recommend that the next step is a filing against the couple-dozen
> broken-symlink packages with more than, say, 50 reverse dependencies,
> at normal severity. Resolving those bugs would reduce the potential
> dependency-failed-testing count due to broken-symlink failures by
> 3000+
>
> Agree?

Sounds good to me.

_Maybe_ (for some?) "important" could also be choosen (with the usual
justification that a piuparts clean archive has been a release goal since
lenny), given there is (rough) consensus for this on debian-devel at l.d.o.

> After that, I'd say the issue is ready for elevation, in terms of work
> on the piuparts side.

what do you mean by this? Make broken symlink an error condition for piuparts?