[Piuparts-devel] pull: for-holger

Andreas Beckmann anbe at debian.org
Mon May 27 10:43:16 UTC 2013

On 2013-05-27 11:55, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sonntag, 26. Mai 2013, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
>> Andreas Beckmann (7):
>>       p-m: use timeout to prevent master from getting stuck
>
> I wonder whether a timelimit from 15min is unneccessarily tense+short, maybe
> increase it to 30?

How long does it take to do the following:
   for s in $SECTIONS ; do echo "section $s" ; echo status ; done \
   | ssh piupartsm at piuparts-master piuparts-master
(one could add "section $s" \n "recycle" \n "status" \n)

Master has to read all directory listings and fetch all the Packages
files and compute status (multiple times).

That's the worst a slave could do before going to sleep: all idle stamps
are expired and there is nothing to do.

>>       ia32-libs exceptions for --enable-recommends
>
> honestly: I don't get this commit, please explain.

in some cases we need to run
  apt-get install apt/wheezy dpkg/wheezy
  dpkg --add-architecture i386
  apt-get update

before doing the regular upgrade to get access to the :i385 packages on
amd64 - this is usually involving wine, and doing the
--enable-recommends tests just revealed two more packages needing this

in most cases this is not needed and the old ia32-libs will just be
removed during the upgrade

>>       changelog and TODO updates
>
> those TODO updates are missing.

because someone pushed a conflicting commit ... postponed