[Piuparts-devel] bullseye branch rename [was Re: piuparts.py and piuparts-analyze.py]

Herbert Fortes terberh at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 20:53:06 BST 2019

On 7/18/19 12:08 PM, Holger Levsen wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 18, 2019 at 08:35:26AM -0300, Herbert Fortes wrote:
>> doc_by_sphinx remade.
>
> where is that branch, I cannot see it on
> https://salsa.debian.org/hpfn/piuparts

It is not a branch

> there I could see new commits in the bullseye_sync_clean branch though,
> however I've stopped looking at the changes there as it started with
> create a new dir doc_by_sphynx which is not what I want...

It is to put the content of doc_by_sphinx directory along with
Makefile, NEWS, etc?

The manpages need one dir per manpage. That's the way I found to
not build one manpage with all files.

Makefile
News
# Sphinx files
conf.py
index.txt
README.txt
[...]
piuparts/
    conf.py
    index.txt
    piuparts.1.txt
[...]

>> I tried to do the commits step by step.
>> This means many commits.
>
> thats fine
>
>> One comment about README_server.txt. To change less lines I use
>> 'code-block:: text'. To fix 'Block quote ends without a blank line;
>> unexpected unindent'. Background color changes.
>
> i guess thats fine/good.
>

>> -* "basetgz-sections" is an additional list of sections that are only
>> +* "basetgz-sections" is an additional list of sections that are only
>>  used to maintain the basetgz tarballs and will therefore be ignored
>>  by all scripts except piuparts-slave.
>>  This list is empty by default.

[...]>> * "basetgz-sections" is an additional list of sections that are only
>> -used to maintain the basetgz tarballs and will therefore be ignored
>> + used to maintain the basetgz tarballs and will therefore be ignored
>> +[...]

The problem is how indentation is seem by Sphinx. It does not like this:

* "basetgz-sections" is an additional list of sections that are only
 used to maintain the basetgz tarballs and will therefore be ignored
 by all scripts except piuparts-slave.
 This list is empty by default.

So I added one space to the first line(change one line) and set 'code-block'
one/two line(s) before:

.. code-block:: text

 * "basetgz-sections" is an additional list of sections that are only
 used to maintain the basetgz tarballs and will therefore be ignored
 by all scripts except piuparts-slave.
 This list is empty by default.

If I remember correct it is possible to adjust just the text - add
space to line with 'used', 'by' and 'This':

* "basetgz-sections" is an additional list of sections that are only
  used to maintain the basetgz tarballs and will therefore be ignored
  by all scripts except piuparts-slave.
  This list is empty by default.

Link to branch:
https://salsa.debian.org/hpfn/piuparts/tree/bullseye_sync_clean