[pymvpa] PyMVPA 0.3 is out
michael.hanke at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 11:24:37 UTC 2008
I'm pleased to annouce the release of PyMVPA 0.3. The changelog lists a
number of improvements:
* Import of binary EEP files (used by EEProbe) and EEPDataset class.
* Initial version of a meta dataset class (MetaDataset). This is a container
for multiple datasets, which behaves like a dataset itself.
* Regression performance is summarized now within RegressionStatistics.
* Error functions: CorrErrorPFx, RelativeRMSErrorFx.
* Measures: CorrCoef.
* Data generators: chirp, wr1996
* Few more examples: curvefitting, kerneldemo, smellit, projections
* Updated kNN classifier. kNN is now able to use custom distance function
to determine that nearest neighbors. It also (re)gained the ability to do
simple majority or weighted voting.
* Some initial convenience functions for plotting typical results and data
* Unified configuration handling with support for user-specific and
analysis-specific config files, as well as the ability to override all
config settings via environment variables. The configuration handling is
used for PyMVPA internal settings, but can also be easily used for
* Improved modularity, e.g. SciPy is not required anymore, but still very
* Initial implementations of ICA and PCA mapper using functionality provided
by MDP. These mappers are more or less untested and should be used with
* Further improved docstrings of some classes, but still a long way to go.
* New 'boxcar' mapper, which is the similar to the already present
transformWithBoxCar() function, but implemented as a mapper.
* New SampleGroupMapper that can be used for e.g. block averaging of
samples. See new FAQ item.
* Stripped redundant suffixes from module names, e.g.
mvpa.datasets.niftidataset -> mvpa.datasets.nifti
* mvpa.misc.cmdline variables opt* and opts* were groupped within
opt and optss class instances. Also names of the options were
changed to match 'dest' of the options. Use tools/refactor.py to
quickly fix your custom code.
* Change all references to PyMVPA website to www.pymvpa.org.
* Make website stylesheet compatible with sphinx 0.4.
* Several minor improvements of the compatibilty with MacOS.
* Extended FAQ section of the manual.
* Bugfix: doubleGammaHRF() ignoring K2 argument.
The source tarball and the windows installer are available for download
from the project page. Debian and Ubuntu packages are in the repository
and available to upgrade your installation during the next package
We are still working on the binary installer for MacOS, but chances are
that we will succeed sometime soon ;-)
GPG key: 1024D/3144BE0F Michael Hanke
More information about the Pkg-ExpPsy-PyMVPA