Re: License terms for ‘python-daemon’ code (was: Python3 implementation)

stephan schultchen stephan.schultchen at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 08:16:07 UTC 2014

What the hack?

the distribution i have (1.5.6), is released under the PSF-2 license.

this can be found at the head of every source code file:

# daemon/daemon.py
# Part of python-daemon, an implementation of PEP 3143.
#
# Copyright © 2008–2010 Ben Finney <ben+python at benfinney.id.au>
# Copyright © 2007–2008 Robert Niederreiter, Jens Klein
# Copyright © 2004–2005 Chad J. Schroeder
# Copyright © 2003 Clark Evans
# Copyright © 2002 Noah Spurrier
# Copyright © 2001 Jürgen Hermann
#
# This is free software: you may copy, modify, and/or distribute this work
# under the terms of the Python Software Foundation License, version 2 or
# later as published by the Python Software Foundation.
# No warranty expressed or implied. See the file LICENSE.PSF-2 for details.

And there are two other license files in the root directory of the source
code:

LICENSE.GPL-2
LICENSE.PSF-2

no sign of ASF-2. From my point of view, the code i have, was never
released under a appropriate license.

cheers

stephan