[Qa-jenkins-dev] 'ar' not available in path. Falling back to binary comparison.

Mattia Rizzolo mattia at mapreri.org
Thu Oct 15 06:16:46 UTC 2015

On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 01:50:23AM +0200, Santiago Vila wrote:
> > > Hmm, that could be a little bit frustrating for those who fix a
> > > reproducible bug today and expect to see the result of their upload.
> >
> > new versions of already tested packages as well as totally new packages and
> > manually scheduled packages will all be put on top of the queue, so those
> > results will be there "as usual". the scheduler is quite smart by now.
> >
> > :-)
>
> That sounds good, but I'm not sure that it's working as intended.

TTBOMK it's not intended to work like that.

Yes, it's true new packages are scheduled quite often, but manually
scheduled packages have a huge preferences over the once automatically
scheduled.
Indeed when I did mass rescheduling in the past I always did it in chunk
of 500/800 packages, and then waited for two auto-schedule run before
scheduling more.

anyway, the manually scheduled builds will finish in ~240 packages, so
not a big deal now...

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo