[sane-devel] [ANN] SnapScan: new backend version 20010909

Oliver Schwartz Oliver.Schwartz@gmx.de
Sun, 9 Sep 2001 21:21:51 +0200

Hi,

I've released a new version of the Snapscan backend. The most important
changes are:

- Merged with Sane-1.0.5

- Merged changes from Acer
    - Automatic firmware upload for USB scanners
    - Support for Prisa3300, Prisa4300, and Prisa5300
    - Better calculation of remaining bytes in snapscan-source.c

- Fixed corrupted colour scans after switch from colour to greyscale: Do not
  call set_window each time that a parameter is changed. Instead, use
  estimated values in sane_get_parameters.

- Code cleanup

Please not that this release should be regarded as alpha. I've touched some
critical code and don't know whether the changes work for all scanner models.
So please test it and mail me if the backend works or doesn't work for you.
Please include your model name, bus type (USB / SCSI) and SCSI adaptor name.

The backend should be used with sane-1.0.5 only. Unpack the tarfile in
sane-backends-1.0.5/backends and run 'make' and 'make install'

For scanners that require a firmware upload a new line in the configuration
file 'snapscan.conf' is required. It should start with 'firmware' and contain
the fully qualified path to your firmware file, e.g.

firmware /path/to/my/firmware.bin

You can get the backend from
http://sourceforge.net/project/shownotes.php?release_id=52122

Happy scanning,