[sane-devel] Re: SaneTwain and HP2200C

Martyn Ranyard ranyardm@lineone.net
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 14:09:06 +0100

At 03:02 PM 8/14/02 +0200, Herman Kuiper wrote:
>Hi,

Hi, thanks for responding so promptly.

>For the time being, it is already possible to alter the timeout value for
>SaneTwain in the .ini file. See the change log.

Great.  I obviously hadn't looked hard enough.  I might be able to test,
although it would be over the 'net for a while.

>:-) My skills at the coding level also do not include networking. For
>SaneTwain I added my own comms layer, as I could nog get the one from
>WinSane to work at all. It is based on Borland wrappers around the Winsock
>layer. There is probably a lot wrong with it, but seems to work in most setups.

:-)  Yes, I too use the Borland wrappers and my c/s programs, along with
SaneTwain, do not work on my boss' machine as well as sanetwain.  He seems
to be able to get smb connections, but proper winsock stuff is right out,
and I cannot see a difference between my set up and his (both NT4 SP6).

>Just to make sure: you are running sane 1.08 (or 1.0.7)? There are known
>iming problems with older version of sane.

Yup, using 1.08.  I did have pre1, but there was real problems with the net
backend, as far as I could see.

>         Herman

Thanks again for your prompt reply.

Martyn Ranyard