[sane-devel] [Q] per user net.conf support

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf@epkowa.co.jp
26 Dec 2002 14:37:03 +0900

Henning Meier-Geinitz <henning@meier-geinitz.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Dec 25, 2002 at 09:54:54AM +0900, Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:
> > While checking out network based scanning, I noticed that the docs
> > only mention $(sysconfdir)/sane.d/net.conf as the location to add
> > scan-servers.
>
> Read again (man sane-net), especially ENVIRONMENT: SANE_CONFIG_DIR.

Apologies for not paying attention.  :-(

> > If that is really the only place, then all additions
> > need to go through the *client*'s sysadmin.  That is, a normal user
> > can not add any scan-server they may have access to on the server
> > side.
>
> First, you can contact servers that are not listed in net.conf
> (scanimage -d net:someserver:backend:device), if you know the device
> name. Second you can set the variable SANE_NET_HOSTS to the hosts you
> want to connect.
>
> > Is there any support for a per user configuration file where you could
> > add the scan-servers you have access to?
>
> Just put a net.conf in the current directory. Or set SANE_CONFIG_DIR
> to a directory of your choice.

Thanks for telling me to RTFM (again).
--
Olaf Meeuwissen                            EPSON KOWA Corporation, ECS
Penguin's lib!       -- I hack, therefore I am --               LPIC-2