[sane-devel] Vuego 310S scanner help

c1sc0@mac.com c1sc0@mac.com
Thu, 26 Dec 2002 09:04:52 +0100

May be related to the troubles I'm having with my Vuego 610s on
Mandrake 9.0. Uses same snapscan back-end. I've got it working using
console command scanimage but xsane doesn't recognize the device. This
is what I've done:

1) explicitly added aic7xxx support in my /etc/modules.conf file
2) uncommented all usb-related stuff in /etc/sane.d/snapscan.conf
3) only device listed in /etc/sane.d/snapscan.conf now is /dev/sg0
4) The device name for my Scanner is Flatbedscanner_4 so I've added
"Flat *" to snapscan.conf. I'm not sure if this helps though. Anyone
care to educate me about this?

Now I have two devices listed in /proc/scsi/scsi (CD-R +
Flatbedscanner), sane-find-scanner lists my scanner but scanimge -L
doesn't list it. Weird.

I'm calling scanimage and redirecting stdout to file like this:

scanimage --format=tiff -d snapscan:/dev/sg0 >
/home/fieke/Desktop/somefile.tiff

xSane still doesn't work though. There's no option to select Vuego 610s
in Harddrake, but I understand it's a rebranded Acer 610 so I've
installed that. Still not working. I'd like to get it to work but if
there's no workaround I guess I can live without it.  ;-(

I'm going to try the earlier dll.conf comment tonight. I noticed that
after running Harddrake there was an empty file called SnapScan.conf in
addition to snapscan.conf. At the time I didn't know what it was so I
modded it to have /dev/sg0 as device just like snapscan.conf. Seems
like built-in Mandrake scanner support uses wrong spelling.

Cheers & merry x-mas !