[sane-devel] Proposals for scanimage and sane-find-scanner

abel deuring a.deuring@satzbau-gmbh.de
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 20:22:00 +0100

Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Sun, Jan 13, 2002 at 09:49:29PM +0100, abel deuring wrote:
> > > Looks nice. Anyone has a patch? :-)
> >
> > I just commited one.
>
> Thanks. Now I understand how to do such things :-)
>
> I made a match for the patch for some things I noticed:
>
> - At leat the linux man pages says "#include <stdarg.h>" is necessary
>   for vprintf.
> - It also says that va_end should be called. Don't know if this is
>   valid.
> - Fixed some spelling mistakes (probably made some others :-))
> - Added small docu for --help. I don't know if it really helps, but I
>   didn't want to make it longer.
> - Added a `printf("\n")' at the end. It would be nicer to just use
>   scanimage -f "foo \n", but this doesn't seem to work. "\n" is printed
>   literally.
>
> What do you think about it?

Henning,

seems to be really necessary that there people who clean up the mess I
make sometimes ;)

Only one comment: I am not sure, if we should really add the
'printf("\n");' This explicitly avoids having the entire output on one
line, which might be desirable in some cases. And at least with bash,
you can enter the line break character this way:

scanimage -f "blaaa devname is %d
"

Abel