[sane-devel] Proposals for scanimage and sane-find-scanner

Mon, 14 Jan 2002 21:55:17 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, Jan 14, 2002 at 08:22:00PM +0100, abel deuring wrote:
> Only one comment: I am not sure, if we should really add the
> 'printf("\n");' This explicitly avoids having the entire output on one
> line, which might be desirable in some cases. And at least with bash,
> you can enter the line break character this way:
>
> scanimage -f "blaaa devname is %d
> "

Uhh, I didn't think about the direct approach.

Ok, I commited the patch without the printf("\n");

Does anyone like to write a similar patch for sane-find-scanner.c?
I don't know, if this is even possible because the output is
completely different depending on the type of the device (USB/SCSI).

Maybe we can at least add an option "-q --quiet" to suppress all the
messages not talking about devices.