[sane-devel] epson 2450 scanner and firewire: wrong SCSI ID

Karl Heinz Kremer khk at khk.net
Sun Jan 6 00:24:24 GMT 2002

On Sat, Jan 05, 2002 at 06:23:48PM -0500, Douglas Gilbert wrote:
[ ... ]

> Looks like the backend/epson.desc needs an extra entry for
> the GT-9700 , for example:
>
> :model "GT-9700"
> :interface "SCSI"
>
> Then you will need to rebuild the backend(s). See the SANE
> documentation ...

That's not how this works. The *.desc files are only used to
create the "supported scanner" page on the Sane web page. To
recognize the GT-xxxx devices, it is necessary to add one more
test to the attach() function. I just did this and sent some
instructions to Dave to test this change.

Karl Heinz

Karl Heinz Kremer                                  khk at khk.net
PGP Key at                 http://www.khk.net/download/khk.asc
EPSON Sane Backend:                         http://www.khk.net