[sane-devel] Unable to access minor data

El Zorro elzorro@uol.com.co
Thu, 04 Jul 2002 06:39:20 -0400

Hi Group,

I joined this group few days ago and I have a similar problem like Karl had.

I have an USB Acer ScanPrisa 640U, I have installed latest SANE version,
when I run the command: sane-find-scanner I got the following answer:
sane-find-scanner: found USB scanner (vendor = 0x04a5, product = 0x2060)
at device /dev/usb/scanner0

However when I tried "scanimage -d acer:/dev/usb/scanner0"  or
"scanimage -d snapscan:/dev/usb/scanner0"  I got the following:
scanimage: open of device snapscan:/dev/usb/scanner0 failed: Invalid
argument

What may I try to work with this scanner?
I am running Mandrake 8.2 and I am new in this Linux world.

Your help would be very much appreciated,
Zorro.