[sane-devel] Unable to access minor data

Oliver Schwartz Oliver.Schwartz@gmx.de
Thu, 4 Jul 2002 22:23:44 +0200

Hi,

> However when I tried "scanimage -d acer:/dev/usb/scanner0"  or
> "scanimage -d snapscan:/dev/usb/scanner0"  I got the following:
> scanimage: open of device snapscan:/dev/usb/scanner0 failed: Invalid
> argument
>
> What may I try to work with this scanner?

Please read the instructions for USB scanners on
http://snapscan.sourceforge.net. You'll have to add a firmware entry to
snapscan.conf.

If your system doesn't load the scanner module automatically you may have to
load it manually using "modprobe scanner" (as root).

Also check the file permissions on /dev/usb/scanner0 if you want to use the
scanner as a normal user. Use "chmod o+w /dev/usb/scanner0" to allow
unrestricted access to all users.

If it still doesn't work please send me the debug log as described in
Henning's mail.

Regards,

Oliver