[sane-devel] re:re: Problem with Acer 640UT, worked before

Oliver Schwartz Oliver.Schwartz@gmx.de
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 13:38:53 +0200 (MEST)

Hi,

> Thanks for your help. I have followed ypur instructions, and this is what
scanimage -L
> dumps: (There is one thing: I have not got a Acer620 scanner...but an
640UT, I dont
> know the vendor and product numbers for it, but it has worked in previsous
versions of > sane)

That's o.k. - the 640 models are treated as 620 models, since they only
differ in some smaller details.

> [snapscan] sane_snapscan_get_devices (0xbffff404, 0)
> Segmenteringsfel (core dumped)

I'll have to look into this in more detail. Can you run scanimage in gdb and
find out where exactly the crash occurs?

For the time being you could also try to remove the line

/dev/usb/scanner0 bus=usb

from snapscan.conf. Your scanner should be autodetected.

Regards,

Oliver

http://www.gmx.net