[sane-devel] Epson Perfection 1650 PHOTO on SuSE7.1

Tim Cliffe tcliffe@otarkik.com
Sun, 5 May 2002 11:25:07 +0100

I am running SuSE 7.1 and have downloaded and installed the sane backend for
my EPSON 1650 PHOTO.

The following is the output from USBview, which shows two entriesi, each
described as, USB UHCI Root Hub. The first,
shown immediately below has no device attached. The second follows on .....

USB UHCI Root Hub
Serial Number: d800
Speed: 12Mb/s (full)
Number of Ports: 2
Bandwidth allocated: 0 / 900 (0%)
Total number of interrupt requests: 0
Total number of isochronous requests: 0
USB Version:  1.00
Device Class: 09(hub  )
Device Subclass: 00
Device Protocol: 00
Maximum Default Endpoint Size: 8
Number of Configurations: 1

Config Number: 1
	Number of Interfaces: 1
	Attributes: 40
	MaxPower Needed:   0mA

	Interface Number: 0
		Name: hub
		Alternate Number: 0
		Class: 09(hub  )
		Sub Class: 0
		Protocol: 0
		Number of Endpoints: 1

			Endpoint Address: 81
			Direction: in
			Attribute: 3
			Type: Int.
			Max Packet Size: 8
			Interval: 255ms

This is the second displayed entry and lists, EPSON Scanner, the details of
which are shown after the entry described here ....

USB UHCI Root Hub
Serial Number: d400
[...]

This is the entry for the scanner itself .....

EPSON Scanner
Manufacturer: EPSON
Speed: 12Mb/s (full)
USB Version:  1.10
Device Class: ff(vend.)
Device Subclass: ff
Device Protocol: ff
Maximum Default Endpoint Size: 8
Number of Configurations: 1
Vendor Id: 04b8
Product Id: 0110
Revision Number:  3.02

Config Number: 1
	Number of Interfaces: 1
	Attributes: c0
	MaxPower Needed:   2mA

	Interface Number: 0
		Name: (none)
		Alternate Number: 0
		Class: ff(vend.)
		Sub Class: 0
		Protocol: 0
		Number of Endpoints: 2

			Endpoint Address: 01
			Direction: out
			Attribute: 2
			Type: Bulk
			Max Packet Size: 64
			Interval:   0ms

			Endpoint Address: 82
			Direction: in
			Attribute: 2
			Type: Bulk
			Max Packet Size: 64
			Interval:   0ms

If I run xsane in the terminal, I get the following output:

	xsane: no devices available

If I launch the Gimp, and run Xtns - Acquire Image - Scanning (iscan), I get
the following output:

	Could not send command to scanner.

Can anyone help me with this please it's driving me mad. Under Windoze
the damn thing works fine.

Thanks

Tim <tcliffe@otarkik.com>
--

Tim Cliffe - Managing Director
Otarkik Webscapes

This message contains confidential information intended only for
the individual named. Any other person should not disseminate,
 distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender
delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be
guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be
contain viruses. Ipso facto the sender does not accept liability for
any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as
a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please
request a hard-copy version.

Otarkik Ltd trading as Otarkik Webscapes
29 Eliotts Drive, Yeovil, Somerset.
Company Registration Number 440 000 9