[sane-devel] sane-find-scanner finds multiple scanners

Johan Wehtje joweht@tpgi.com.au
Mon, 6 May 2002 13:30:53 +1000

 have read the docs as well as the SCSI 2.4 how to but am still none the
wiser as to why I get the following output from sane-find-scanner
sane-find-scanner: found SCSI scanner " Scanner 1.40" at device /dev/scanner
sane-find-scanner: found SCSI scanner " Scanner 1.40" at device /dev/sg1
sane-find-scanner: found SCSI scanner " Scanner 1.40" at device /dev/sg2
sane-find-scanner: found SCSI scanner " Scanner 1.40" at device /dev/sg3
sane-find-scanner: found SCSI scanner " Scanner 1.40" at device /dev/sg4
sane-find-scanner: found SCSI scanner " Scanner 1.40" at device /dev/sg5
sane-find-scanner: found SCSI scanner " Scanner 1.40" at device /dev/sg6
sane-find-scanner: found SCSI scanner " Scanner 1.40" at device /dev/sg7
sane-find-scanner: found SCSI scanner " Scanner 1.40" at device /dev/sg8
sane-find-scanner: found SCSI scanner " Scanner 1.40" at device /dev/sgb
sane-find-scanner: found SCSI scanner " Scanner 1.40" at device /dev/sgc
sane-find-scanner: found SCSI scanner " Scanner 1.40" at device /dev/sgd
sane-find-scanner: found SCSI scanner " Scanner 1.40" at device /dev/sge
sane-find-scanner: found SCSI scanner " Scanner 1.40" at device /dev/sgf
sane-find-scanner: found SCSI scanner " Scanner 1.40" at device /dev/sgg
sane-find-scanner: found SCSI scanner " Scanner 1.40" at device /dev/sgh
sane-find-scanner: found SCSI scanner " Scanner 1.40" at device /dev/sgi
I only have one scanner , microtek e3 connected to a adpaptec 1524 scsi card
(shipped with scanner). The aha152x scsi driver is loaded as a module. The
kernel is 2.4.18. The correct irq and io are passed as params to the module.
The system is a PII 400 MHZ , Asus MBrd , 128 mb RAM, Pheonix BIOS. I have an
older Zip 100 disk (parralell) that is loaded as a module and sits at sda4. I
have my own script for loading the zip as I need to modprobe lp before I do,
then modprobe ppa.
I get the same result even if I don't load the zip and lp modules but only
prob the aha152x module manually.
I am probably missing something really simple here but I can't see what it is
so would appreciate some help as i have been fiddling with thsi for the past
few weeks trying to get it to work.
BTW this is a dual boot system (win 98 SE) and the scanner works just fine in
Windows , but i would really like to skip booting into windows every time i
want to use the scanner.
anf FYI the out of "cat /proc/scsi/scsi" is below:
==================================
Attached devices:
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 06 Lun: 00
  Vendor: IOMEGA   Model: ZIP 100          Rev: D.17
  Type:   Direct-Access                    ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Host: scsi1 Channel: 00 Id: 01 Lun: 00
  Vendor:          Model: Scanner          Rev: 1.40
  Type:   Scanner                          ANSI SCSI revision: 04
Host: scsi1 Channel: 00 Id: 01 Lun: 01
  Vendor:          Model: Scanner          Rev: 1.40
  Type:   Scanner                          ANSI SCSI revision: 04
Host: scsi1 Channel: 00 Id: 01 Lun: 02
  Vendor:          Model: Scanner          Rev: 1.40
  Type:   Scanner                          ANSI SCSI revision: 04
Host: scsi1 Channel: 00 Id: 01 Lun: 03
  Vendor:          Model: Scanner          Rev: 1.40
  Type:   Scanner                          ANSI SCSI revision: 04
Host: scsi1 Channel: 00 Id: 01 Lun: 04
  Vendor:          Model: Scanner          Rev: 1.40
  Type:   Scanner                          ANSI SCSI revision: 04
Host: scsi1 Channel: 00 Id: 01 Lun: 05
  Vendor:          Model: Scanner          Rev: 1.40
  Type:   Scanner                          ANSI SCSI revision: 04
Host: scsi1 Channel: 00 Id: 01 Lun: 06
  Vendor:          Model: Scanner          Rev: 1.40
  Type:   Scanner                          ANSI SCSI revision: 04
Host: scsi1 Channel: 00 Id: 01 Lun: 07
  Vendor:          Model: Scanner          Rev: 1.40
  Type:   Scanner                          ANSI SCSI revision: 04
Cheers
Johan Wehtje