[sane-devel] Re: Sane: Epson 1650 Photo

Karl Heinz Kremer khk@khk.net
Sat, 25 May 2002 11:33:25 -0400

--KsGdsel6WgEHnImy

Scott,=20

which Sane version are you running, on which kernel version, with
which Linux system?

You will have to edit the file epson.conf (either in /etc/sane.d or
in /usr/local/etc/sane.d) and uncomment the line for the USB
scanner.

Karl Heinz

On Sat, May 25, 2002 at 09:16:32AM -0400, Scott Bolden wrote:
> Dear Mr. Kremer,
>=20
> I recently purchased an Epson 1650 Photo scanner, but unfortunately, I wa=
sn't=20
> able to get it working through Sane.  sane-find-scanner reported:=20
>=20
> found USB scanner (vendor =3D 0x04b8, product =3D 0x0110) at device=20
> /dev/usb/scanner0
>=20
> and scanimage -L reported "No scanners were identified."
>=20
> I'm not sure if this is simply a matter of the scanner reporting a differ=
ent=20
> device name than expected.
>=20
> Anyway, I just wanted to bring this to your attention, and I wanted to th=
ank=20
> you for your work with Sane.  Your efforts are greatly appreciated.
>=20
> Scott Bolden

--=20
Karl Heinz Kremer                                  khk@khk.net