[sane-devel] scanner.c: read_scanner(0): funky result:-75

Major A andras@users.sourceforge.net
Tue, 28 May 2002 13:58:47 +0100

Hi Erik,

> I was able to get one scan out of this installation, which makes me
> thinking it should work in some kind of way. But all the other times I
> tried to scan a picture or to aquire a preview the xscanimage command
> just hangs and could not be killed anymore.

Hmmm. Someone else has seen this before, still don't know the
answer. The big question, I think, is whether it works with
VueScan. Have you tried that? If it doesn't, then this is a hardware
problem.

> scanner.c: open_scanner(0): Scanner device is already open

Could you try disabling all backends in dll.conf other than coolscan2?

> scanner.c: open_scanner(6): Unable to access minor data
> scanner.c: open_scanner(7): Unable to access minor data

I had this recently with an EPSON USB scanner. Reason: flaky USB
contact on the PC side.

Let me know how you get on,

  Andras

Major Andras