[sane-devel] only selected backends

Thu, 30 May 2002 16:39:34 +0200

Hi,

On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 05:25:41PM +0400, Max Vorobiev wrote:
> Is there are any idealogical causes to build _all_ backends? May be it's
> better to allow user at configuation stage select required ones? Something
> like 'menuconfig' for linux kernel. Or just as --enables-xxxxxxx-backend
> options for 'configure'. Or something wrong with it?

Please have a look at the mailing list archive for previous
discussions on this topic. One of the reasons to compile all backends
is, that we don't want to generate lots of questions about "my scanner
is not detcted" because the wrong backend was compiled. E.g. you must
compile the plustek backend if you want support for the Epson
Perfection 1250.