[sane-devel] sane-find-scanner finds multiple scanners

V K list0570 at paradise.net.nz
Mon May 6 11:05:29 BST 2002

> I think from looking at the listing below it is pretty obvious that
> the scsi card is detecting muliple scanners, at ID 1 Lun 00-07.

agreed

> Not being familiar with this scsi card I can't really help much
> except the suggest moving the ID from 1 to maybe 4 or 5. The lower

This won't do much, not to say anything, I expect.

It seems to me that the SCSI software of the scanner is cr*ppy. It
doesn't check the LUN, but instead responds to any LUN the host adapter
queries.

This shouldn't necessarily cause trouble accessing the scanner (in fact
you can specify any LUN you like). If you want to beautify the output of
sane-find-scanner, write a wrapper script, or find out what the option
for your SCSI card driver is to make it only scan for LUN 1 on device X
(there might not be such an option).

Volker

http://volker.orcon.net.nz/		Please do not CC list postings to me.