[sane-devel] My Umax works well, now it hangs up?

Fri, 15 Nov 2002 13:05:09 +0100

Hi,

> $  export SANE_DEBUG_UMAX=13
> $ scanimage -L
> [umax] sane_init
> [umax] This is sane-umax version 1.0 build 38
> [umax] option connection-type = 1
> [umax] sanei_config_attach_matching_devices(scsi UMAX * Scanner)
> [umax] attach_scanner: /dev/scsi/host1/bus0/target5/lun0/generic,
> connection_type 1
> [umax] attach_scanner: opening scsi device
> /dev/scsi/host1/bus0/target5/lun0/generic
> [umax] attach_scanner: sanei_scsi_open_extended returned scsi buffer
> size = 16384
> [umax] attach_scanner: allocating SCSI buffer[0]
> [umax] init
> [umax] finished reading configure file
> [umax] sane_get_devices(local_only = 0)
> and here it hang up again

Just a wild guess: Maybe the freeze is not even in the umax backend.

Please show us scanimage -L again with an additional:
export SANE_DEBUG_DLL=255

If it freezes on a backend other than umax, you can disable it in
dll.conf.

Please tell us, which backend causes the freeze if you can find out.