[sane-devel] Help! - SANE broken on Debian sid

David McNab david@rebirthing.co.nz
22 Nov 2002 18:06:43 +1300

Hi,

I've been happily using SANE for some months now on Debian Unstable.

Did a large dist-upgrade, now SANE is broken.

Running SANE 1.0.9-2.

When I do 'usbview', the display shows all USB devices fine.

My other USB devices are working fine.

But when I do 'scanimage -L', a line of rubbish gets printed out to my
parallel port laser printer (!), then scanimage just hangs. Ditto for
xcane and xscanimage.

I suspect the problem is *not* with SANE, but not absolutely sure on
this.

Much stuff on debian unstable is presently broken - developers are
admitting that.

But can anyone please advise me of a workaround that'll get my scanning
working again in the meantime?

Thanks in advance

Cheers
David