[sane-devel] Epson 1650 USB SUSE 7.3

D Thomas sunfish62@yahoo.com
Sat, 7 Sep 2002 16:25:10 -0700 (PDT)

I have tried every step I can imagine to get SANE to recognize my Epson
Perfection 1650, without luck.

I have the device file:

crw-------    1 root     disk     180,  48 Sep 23  2001 /dev/usbscanner

I have a soft link from /dev/scanner (with the idea that sane-find-scanner
required it):

lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           10 Sep  6 09:22 /dev/scanner ->
usbscanner

I just upgraded to sane-1.0.8 and xsane-0.87, removing SuSe's installation of
1.0.5 and 0.79 first.

The USB and scanner modules are loaded, and USBView shows the Epson in all its
glory.

My /usr/local/etc/sane.d/epson.conf has the following line uncommented:

usb /dev/usbscanner

And yet, whenever I try to run xsane, I get "No SANE device available." And
scanimage --list returns no entries.

Solutions are welcome.

David Thomas