[sane-devel] Brand New Day (PrimeFilm 1800i)

Alexander Feldman alex@llama.gs
Mon, 11 Aug 2003 00:59:23 +0200

Thanks to Bertrik and Martijn for advising me to put a link with the logs of
my efforts to reverse engineer the protocol of the PrimeFilm 1800u slide
scanner.

The web page is:

http://www.llama.gs/pf1800i/

BTW, I have made a little progress today as I could start the step motor and
produced unpleasant sound when the scanner's head moved out of range. Next I
will make some more logs (scanning at max resolution an empty slide,
changing only one option to get the differences, etc.) and will try to find
some patterns in the log files.

Can someone make an educated guess of what this scanner's protocol would
look like? I don't believe these guys had created a unique protocol. Any
documents of existing drivers? Pple's mind are good in finding patterns but
it is much easier with hints.

Thanks for the help,

-- Alex