[sane-devel] Re: Sane on Ultra Sparc

abel deuring a.deuring@satzbau-gmbh.de
Sat, 11 Jan 2003 12:26:06 +0100

abel deuring wrote:

> So, what you can do:
>
> 1. compile Sane as a 64-bit application. In this case, sizeof(sg_io_hdr)
> should be the same both in the application and in the kernel. (OK, I
> understand that this might waste some disk space for duplicates of libc
> and friends.)
[...]

Seems that I made a too big show out of the problem. Dieter Jurzitza
discovered that it is enough to simply add

#ifdef __SPARC_ARCH__
#undef SG_IO
#endif /* __SPARC_ARCH__ */

somewhere after '# include <scsi/sg.h>' and '# include
"/usr/src/linux/include/scsi/sg.h"' in sanei_scsi.c . This disables
usage of the new SG interface. So, no other problems; especially was my
concern wrong that sizeof(int) might be different in 32 bit and 64 bit
modes, or that there could be other incompatibilities.

Abel