[sane-devel] Mustek BearPaw 2400 CU plus: now I'm totally confused (was: suddenly problems opening /dev/usbscanner0)

Christoph Bier christoph.bier@web.de
Mon, 2 Jun 2003 11:15:26 +0200

Hi!

As written in my last posting in the thread "suddenly
problems [. . .]" I installed my scanner at the pc at
work. Didn't help. BUT: after plugging in again the
other, former at this pc installed (working!) scanner,
I get the same error message starting xsane for this
scanner, that worked 2 minutes before!
   I'm totally confused now. Only unplugging (and
plugging in again) makes the scanner stop working.
Even after rebooting the system, there's an error
opening /dev/usbscanner0.
   USB-devices are hot-pluggable, aren't they?!
Could I have destroyed the scanners by unplugging
them while the pc was running??

Greetings,

Christoph
--
Christoph Bier, Dipl.Oecotroph., Email: bier@wiz.uni-kassel.de
Universitaet Kassel, FG Oekologische Lebensmittelqualitaet und