[sane-devel] Mustek BearPaw 2400 CU plus: now I'm totally confused (was: suddenly problems opening /dev/usbscanner0)

Christoph Bier christoph.bier@web.de
Wed, 04 Jun 2003 18:37:04 +0200

Henning Meier-Geinitz schrieb:

[. . .]

> Oh well. Either a hardware problem (too slow to react?) or a kernel
> bug. Check the linux-usb-users mailing list for this one, I remeber

I did so.

> that other people had similar problems, but not with scanners. Maybe
> that's a problem with your USB chipset, but I don't remeber the
> details. It doesn't seem to be an issue of the scanner module or sane.

Ok.

[. . .]

>>Is there a possibility to turn such "hotplugging
>>magic" off?
>
> Yes :-) For the details, consult your distribution's documentation. A

Ok, thanks :-).

> rather drasti way is to renam the /sbin/hotplug program to something
> else.

Thanks again for your help!

Greetings,

Christoph
--
Christoph Bier, Dipl.Oecotroph., Email: bier@wiz.uni-kassel.de
Universitaet Kassel, FG Oekologische Lebensmittelqualitaet und