[sane-devel] Second draft of Scanner HOWTO for TLDP

Wed, 25 Jun 2003 18:52:18 +0200

Hi,

On Wed, Jun 25, 2003 at 05:19:19PM +0200, Laurent-jan wrote:
> 6: You put the scanimage command as:
> $ scanimage -d /dev/scanner0 --format pnm > outfile.pnm
> I remember some discussions about the -d argument. I think it should be
> -d backend:device, f.e.
> $ scanimage -d umax:/dev/sg6 --format pnm > outfile.pnm

You are right here. And pnm is the default so it makes only sense to
mention that to show the difference to tiff.

> 8: Maybe we should think about a more general way of toubleshooting.
> Some maufacturers (f.e. of copiers) use a flowchart-like algoritm to
> find the actions. It would be nice if we could make somethong like that.

Such a kind of flowchart is used "inside" the sane-troubleshoot
program at: http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/sts/
Not finished yet, however.