[sane-devel] Scan as regular user (USB)

Sat, 15 Nov 2003 17:44:13 +0100

Hi,

On Sat, Nov 15, 2003 at 02:28:43PM +0100, ZekeVarg@linux.se wrote:
> I just installed a brand new EpsonPerfection 1670 and have got it to
> work for root but not for regular users. I have tried to set
> premission root:user to /proc/bus/usb* & to /dev/usb/* but still no
> device found for regular users.

At which device the scanner is found? scanimage -L will list the
device. If it's /dev/usb/scanner*, just change the permmissions of
that device. If it's libusb:001:001 or similar, /proc/bus/usb/001/001
is the right one. However, those permissions will go away once you
replug the device or reboot. One way is to mout the usbfs writeable
for everyone. That's explained in man sane-usb.