[sane-devel] HP ScanJet 4100C - assertion failed

Peter Kirchgessner peter@kirchgessner.net
Thu, 09 Oct 2003 22:39:03 +0200

Hi,

the debug log shows lots of times a "read failed. End of file reached".
Please try the current CVS-version of the hp-backend. I just added a
retry for that case.

You can also try to get around the USB-scanner module and work directly
with libusb. This sometimes works better. Make sure that the module
scanner is not loaded. Rename the object
/lib/modules/2.4*/kernel/drivers/usb/scanner.o to scanner.o_save
Then connect the scanner with your machine. It should be recognized. Try
to scan.

Sincerely

Peter

--