[sane-devel] Medion MD9850: scan range & noise probs?

Wolfgang Fabics wolfgang.fabics@chello.at
Thu, 30 Oct 2003 11:00:52 +0100

edg1@tiscali.be wrote:

> Are you sure that the MD9850 is a 600CP clone?

Well, I looked up the FCC# at http://www.fcc.gov and the exhibit there
(user manual) says it is a 600CP. sane-1.0.9 recognized it as 600IIIP,
sane-1.0.12 also says it is a 600CP...

> AFAIK, it is a 1200CP clone. The problem you describe is exactly what
> I would expect when you use the 600CP driver on a 1200CP.
> Try setting the driver to "cis1200", but be careful.

I'll try... stepping back a few meters and closing my eyes ;-)

> Halfway down the page? I would expect this when the scan head hits the
> bottom. Does it also happen with the cis1200 setting?

Strange, eh? But that's an improvement over the Windows driver I
tried... it started clanking after a few cm and would not stop
throughout the page.

I'll give it a try with cis1200 and report back.

Thanks,
-wolfgang