[sane-devel] Mustek CCD backend back in CVS -- please test

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Sat Oct 4 11:54:03 BST 2003

Hi everyone,

I've just added the old mustek_pp backend from sane-backends 1.0.9
back to CVS. The reason is that the new mustek_pp backend does not
support CCD scanners yet. The old (CCD) backend has been renamed to
mustek_pp_ccd to avoid conflicts with the new one. This is only a
temporary solution until the two backends have been merged.

Everyone who owns one of the supported Mustek parallel port CCD
scanners please test that backend. See man sane-mustek_pp_ccd for
details. I don't have such a scanner myself so I have only tested if
the code compiles. The man page says that these scanners are supported
by mustek_pp_ccd:

              Model:               ASIC ID:  CCD Type:  works:
              -------------------- --------- ---------- -------
              SE 6000 P            1013      00          yes
              SM 4800 P            1013/1015 04/01       yes
              SE 1200 ED Plus      1015      01          partly
              SM 1200 ED Plus      1015      01          partly
              600 III EP Plus      1013/1015 00/01       yes
              SE 600 SEP           1013      ??          yes
              MD9848               1015      00          yes
              Gallery 4800         ????      ??          yes
              Viviscan Compact II  1013      00          yes

The manual pages and description files have been updated. Please also
have a look at them.

If you want to use a CVS snapshot instead of CVS directly, please wait
for the next one (2003-10-05 should include the changes).

I've also changed the mustek_pp (CIS) manual page and description file
to make clear that CCD scanners are supported by the mustek_pp_ccd
backend. Comments/Corrections are welcome.

Happy scanning,