[sane-devel] Translation

Fri, 12 Sep 2003 10:04:55 +0200

Hi,

On Thu, Sep 11, 2003 at 09:44:08PM +0200, eric@b.org wrote:
> While translating, I've read "keep others users informed about what you
> are doing" and later "this way no work is made twice" so I'm here...
>
> First : I've begun to translate backend-writing.txt in french (for now
> 70% done). If someone is interested, or want to verify, I'll be very
> happy.  This file may perhaps be included in the cvs ?

Yes, that would be nice. Please add a comment at the top near the date
about checking the date of the English file so the developer is sure
that the translation is up-to-date.

> Secondly : After correctly understand the usb implementation, I've
> planned to write ( be patient) a backend for a FS4000US (usb first, for
> SCSI I'm using Vuescan). A challenge is to make it work with my ibook.
> Lot of work, I know...

Good luck!

> Hope none is doing the same thing somewhere. In this case let me know...

I don't think so. At least nobody said he would like to write code,
otherwise he would be listed on the fs4000 page:
http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/misc/canon-fs4000.html