[sane-devel] sane-devel moved to lists.alioth.debian.org

Thu, 18 Sep 2003 14:58:01 +0200

Hi,

On Thu, Sep 18, 2003 at 02:42:42PM +0200, Guy Brooker wrote:
> I thought my mailing list rules would be safe from the change in list host,
> as I check the List-Id on incoming mails. Unfortunately you've changed the
> list id too... It used to be:

> But now it has changed to :

>  for users and developers <sane-devel.lists.alioth.debian.org>

Sorry, I didn't realize that the short description is used to generate
a mail header.

> Do you plan to leave it in the new form, or will you go back to the original
> with appropriate mods ?

I'll keep the new description as it seems more appropriate in my
opinion. It's not only a mailing list for developers.

I guess the List-Id header is auto-generated from the short
description and the email address. If you use it for filtering, maybe
just grep for "List-Id: .*<sane-devel" or similar?