[sane-devel] Microtek ScanMaker 3800 backend: help?

Damjan Jovanovic dj015 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 7 20:47:49 BST 2004

Hello everyone

I am working (or rather, trying to work) on a SANE
backend for the Microtek ScanMaker 3800 scanner, and I
need some help.

Since there is no documentation provided on how the
scanner works (commands used, etc), I am trying to
figure that out. It isn't coming along too well,
though. USB Snoopy somehow interferes with
communication between the driver and the scanner to
the point where nothing works, and Snoopy Pro even
crashes Windows 98 (which doesn't surprise me :-). So
I've tried a different approach.