[sane-devel] Epson Perfection 1640SU with ADF or Filmadapter

Terje J. Hanssen nteknikk@monet.no
Tue, 17 Aug 2004 23:02:30 +0200

Currently I have the ADF physical mounted on the scanner, and I wished
to get this to work first on Linux, before I replace the ADF with the
TPU. That is, I havent't tried the TPU on Linux yet.

I have attached two files on the same PC using different Linux distros
(multiboot):

1) scan.log_sjds is created on Sun Java Desktop System R2 (Suse 8.1
based) using compiled Sane 1.0.14 and Xsane 0.95. (At installation time,
I increased the access modus of /dev/sg0 from 600 to 777, before the
scanner was detected by the software).

2) scan.log_suse is created on SuSE9.1 Pro using Sane 1.013 and Xsane
0.92 from the SuSE media.

Terje J. Hanssen