[sane-devel] problems with HP 7450c

Rene Rebe rene@exactcode.de
Tue, 07 Dec 2004 15:31:48 +0100

Hi,

Marcus Hufgard (Kalkwerk Hufgard GmbH) wrote:

>> SANE_DEBUG_AVISION=7 scanimage -L
 >
> Sorry, but this brings no debug information.

Hm - maybe --enable-optimization disables them :-(

The option is new to me and it is not used in our T2
(http://www.exactcode.de/t2) package ...

> Butt .... the scanner works!!!! :-))))

Good ;-)!

>> Also: Do you run as root or normal user? Maybe it is just a access
>> permission problem?

Most probably ...

> I minimal question do i have:
>
> The debug of sane-avision brings on the user hufgardm:
>
> [avision] attach: (Version: 1.0 Build: 114)
> [avision] attach: using interrupt transfers for status reads.
> [avision] attach: opening libusb:001:003
> [avision] attach: open failed (Access to resource has been denied)
>
> hufgardm has complete access rights to /dev/usb/...
>
> on wich file must my user have access to use sane without problems?

In your case /proc/bus/usb/001/003 - but this might change on next
bootup and/or with other usb devices attached. Normally hotplug is used
to control the permissions of the dynamic devices.

> By and thanks for your help.

No problems - have fun,

--
René Rebe - Rubensstr. 64 - 12157 Berlin (Europe / Germany)
             http://www.exactcode.de | http://www.exactcode.de/t2