[sane-devel] 'scanner busy' 'no devices found' etc.

Mon, 12 Jul 2004 20:07:00 +0200

Hi,

On Sun, Jul 11, 2004 at 04:03:30PM +1000, Graeme Nichols wrote:
> Hello Folks, I have been happily using xsane to do my scanning for quite
> a while. Now, for some inexplicable reason, when I start xsane it comes
> up with 'no devices available' If I enter the command scanimage -d
> epson:/dev/usb/scanner0' I get the error message 'scanner busy'. If I
> run 'sane-find-scanner' it tell me that it found the following:-

"Device busy"? That usually means that another application or driver
is using the scanner. Maybe some KDE stuff is locking the scanner in
the background?

To find out which application is blocking your scanner try that:

fuser -v /dev/usb/scanner0

Does "scanimage -L" show your scanner?

> - The contents of this email and any attachments, which may be con-  -
> - fidential, are sent for the personal attention of the addressee/s  -
> - only. If you receive this email and are not the intended addressee -
> - please inform the sender and delete this email immediately. Use,   -
> - copying, disclosure or forwarding of the contents of this email    -
> - and/or any attachment/s is not authourised.                        -

Such footers are rather stupid anyway but when sent to public mailing
list they are just ridiculous. I know, it's done automatically by the
mail gateway, but still...