[sane-devel] usb scanner found by kernel but not by sane?

Palle Girgensohn girgen@pingpong.net
Wed, 28 Jul 2004 03:48:27 +0200

Hi!

Any ideas if/how to get this scanner working w/ FreeBSD?

man uscanner(4) says it is supported, but there is noting about it on the
sane site.

Kernel says:
uscanner0: PRIMAX Colorado USB 19200, rev 1.00/1.01, addr 2
when connecting it. Correct.

sane-find-scanner says:

  # No SCSI scanners found. If you expected something different, make sure
that
  # you have loaded a SCSI driver for your SCSI adapter.

found USB scanner (vendor=0x0461, product=0x0360) at /dev/uscanner0
  # Your USB scanner was detected. It may or may not be supported by

  # Not checking for parallel port scanners.

  # Most Scanners connected to the parallel port or other proprietary ports
  # can't be detected by this program.

and scanimage -L says

Note: when running sane-find-scanner as non-root, it does not find
anything. I assume I need libusb for that?

I use FreeBSD current, pretty recent.

Thanks,
Palle