[sane-devel] configure check for locking fails as non-root ...

Gerhard Jaeger gerhard@gjaeger.de
Fri, 8 Apr 2005 12:16:12 +0200

On Tuesday 05 April 2005 21:40, Julien BLACHE wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Like this:
> chgrp: changing group of `sanetest.file': Operation not permitted
> configure: error: Group uucp not exist on this system, either create it or
> use an existing.
>
> This is just not going to work as a user, unless you configured your
> system to let you abandon files to other users...
>
> The locking mechanism probably isn't going to work unless we require
> every user of sane to be added to a special group (ok, it's more or
> less the case already with hotplug, but there's no way it can be
> enforced).
>
> JB.

Hi Julien,

sorry for the late response.
These are the problems, that I've expected, when introducing this
feature. But I have no idea how to solve it!

Have you any idea how to solve such an issue?
I'd like to have this feature and therefore I also added the
possibility to change this default uucp-group:
--with-group=your_group

Any other comments?
Gerhard