[sane-devel] Epson 2400 and transparency scanning geometry

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf.meeuwissen at avasys.jp
Thu Aug 25 23:43:24 UTC 2005

bob <rjerrard at math.concordia.ab.ca> writes:

> Hello, I am new to the list. Scanning with gimp 2.2, xsane 0.97 GT-9300,
> and the Epson 2400 Photo scanner, regular scanning works fine. But when
> the transparency unit is selected the geometry is not automatically set
> to the center portion of the bed where the transparency light is, the
> default geometry is at the left edge of the bed. The advanced options
> allow the top-left to be reset to any value but the bottom-right can
> only go up to 4.826 cm which is not anywhere near where it needs to be.
> Am I doing something wrong or is there a way to get the correct geometry
> for scanning transparencies that I have yet to find?

Could you provide debugging output?

  $ SANE_DEBUG_EPSON=127 xsane &> debug.log

All you really need to do after you start xsane this way is select the
TPU and start a preview.
--
Olaf Meeuwissen                          EPSON AVASYS Corporation, LAN
FSF Associate Member #1962           sign up at http://member.fsf.org/